Fusible version of the popular Hobbs premium 80% cotton, 20% polyester wadding. Fusible on both sides of the batting. 2.4 metres wide
The following information is from the Packaging
- Maintains loft
- 80% cotton 20% Polyester
- Approximate loft 1/8″ +
- Shrinkage 3%
- Maximum distance between stitches -4″
- Excellent for hand and machine quilting
- Excellent for dark and light fabrics
Certain quilters/crafters find basting, spraying iron on additives themselves or using fusible interfacings either objectionable or cost prohibitive. With heirloom fusible it is possible to temporarily attach top and bottom fabrics to the batting by ironing with the iron set on the “cotton” setting. This is not a permanent attachment, and can be peeled off an reattached as need be. When washed the product becomes similar to Heirloom Premium 80/20 Cotton batting.
Use and Care
- If used straight from the roll Heirloom cotton can shrink up to 3%. This allows the batt to shrink after quilting and create the desired look of antique puckering.
- Cotton quilts can be washed many times and tend to become softer and more beautiful with time. Using your washing machine, wash in cool water, agitate manually. A 15 minute wash time is sufficient.
- Rinse in tepid water until all detergent is removed. Agitate manually.
- Spin excess water out
- Dry quilts flat. Dryers can be very damaging to batting as well as the dyes on the surface of the quilt
- When the quilt is just barely damp, it can be placed in the dryer on air for a few minutes to fluff and soften the batting and fabrics