Matilda’s Own Ironing Pad 50cm x 50cm
- Matilda’s Own Pressing Mat is made of 100% Australian wool and creates a perfect pressing surface for your embroideries, quilt blocks, garments and more!
- Use with or without steam for a professional result.
- Place it near your sewing machine top save trips to the ironing board.
- Size 50cm x 50cm /20″ x 20″ approximately
- 7-8mm thick approximately
- Cream coloured natural Australia wool
Wool has long been used in conjunction with ironing systems in both industrial and domestic applications. 100% felted wool has tremendous heat absorption properties without burning or melting and makes an ideal pressing surface for both dry and steam irons.
Embroiderers will enjoy the unique properties of the felted mat as the wool assists with settling puckering by heating the fibres from both sides. These mats are perfect for pressing out the embroidery block. The woollen texture also serves to hold fabric in place preventing a loss of shape while pressing. The thickness of the mat allows for easy pinning when blocking projects.