Yarn Couching: Free Motion to Fine Art with Bethanne Nemesh
Learn all the tips and tricks to bring free motion yarn couching to life on your domestic sewing machine or longarm. Bethanne spends equal time demonstrating this art form on both styles of machines with a deep discussion of types of yarn, stabilizers, and techniques to use yarn couching in your creative life. Begin class learning to manipulate the yarn as classic free motion quilting. Learn stitches and textures that will help you explore more advanced projects, such as replacing appliqué on quilts. Advance to using yarn couching as a pictorial art form. Two class projects are demonstrated, including a large scale flower with appliqué bee as well as the Meadow Tweet pattern of a daisy with bluebird, which is fully demonstrated and shown on a quilt, jacket, purse, and framed art.
This class includes 3:17 hours of long play video discussion, demonstration, and endless tips and tricks to be successful, using both styles of sewing machine. In addition, each purchase will come with a downloadable and printable class companion workbook, with additional full color images, discussion, and patterns for class projects.
- Chapter 1: Introduction and Materials (00:10)
- Chapter 2: Getting Started with Successful Stitching (00:40)
- Chapter 3: Pictorial Yarn Couching (01:27)
- Chapter 4: Live sewing of the “Meadow Tweet” Class Project from start to finish (00:57)
- PDF downloads of additional written class materials and four patterns