For Best Results
- Trim away excess threads from front & back of the quilt top before sending for quilting.
- Label the ‘top’ edge of the quilt.
- Pieced borders should have a line of stay stitching around the edge to prevent the seams popping open and distorting the border
- If wadding & backing are being provided, ensure that they are cut at least 15cm larger than the top in length & width.
- Always remove selvedges before joining backing.
- Choose a backing fabric which has an even weave & is a cotton fabric with similar ’feel’ to the top.
- Please note that the use of ‘sheeting’ as a backing fabric is not recommended as the weave may be too dense to allow even needle penetration.
- Blend, rather than contrast, the colour of the backing fabric to the colours in the top to allow the best thread colour match for machine quilting.
- Remember that your Heirlooms deserve the best materials available.
- The use of 100% cotton materials in your quilt making is recommended.
- To achieve a smooth flat top, cut patchwork pieces on the straight grain where ever possible. Seams should be pressed flat.
Payment by Visa, Mastercard or Paypal